An Updated overview on Phytochemical Screening and Pharmacological Screening of Borassus Flabellifer Linn
Plants plays a major role in health as medicine since the human era began. The Palmyra tree is the official tree of Tamil Nadu state in India. All of its parts could be used for medicinal properties. This magnanimous tree is found with gums, albuminoids, steroidal glycosides, fats, and carbohydrate like sucrose, spirostane type steroids like borassosides and dioscin. The aim of this review was the updated research of this plant for its pharmacological screening. This review article is focused attentively on medicinal property of the plant Borassus flabellifer linn belongs to the family of Arecaceae. In this review was concluded that the plants are having various pharmacological actions like anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anthelmintic, diuretic, anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, anti-nociceptive, anti-bacterial, wound healing, anti-convulsant, and anti-microbial properties.
2. Chayanika Sahni, Najam A. Shakil, Vidyanath Jha, Rajinder Kumar Gupta. (2014); Screening of Nutritional, Phytochemical, Antioxidant and Antibacterial activity of the roots of Borassus flabellifer (Asian Palmyra Palm); J. Pharmacogn Phytochem; 3(4);58-68.
3. Garaga Shirisha, Rubina apsar shaik, Naga sowjanya J. (2018); Borassus flabellifer Fruit Versatile Pharmaceutical Application:An Overview; IJARMPS; 3(4);12-16.
4. Jerry A. (2018) A Comprehensive Review on the Medicinal Properties of Borassus flabellifer; J. Acad. Indus. Res; 7(7); 93-97.
5. Keerthi AAP, Jansz ER, Ekanayake S. (2009); Studies on a hyper haemolytic compound of Palmyrah flour; Vidyodaya J. of Sci ;14;79-84.
6. Mahesh Paschapur S, Swati Patil, Sachin R. Patil et al., (2009); Evaluation of the Analgesic and Antipyretic activities of ethanolic extract of male flowers (inflorescences) of Borassus flabellifer linn (arecaceae); Int J Pharm Pharm Sci; 1(2);98-106.
7. Mosmann T. (1983); A Rapid Colorimetric assay for Cellular Growth and Survival: Application to Proliferation and Cytotoxicity assays; J Immunol Methods; 65;55-63.
8. Muthukumar Alamelumangai, Jothi Dhanalakshmi et al., (2014); In-vitro studies on phytochemical evaluation and antimicrobial activity of Borassus flabellifer Linn against some human pathogens; Asian Pac J Trop Med; 7(1);182-185.
9. Pradeep Goyal, Anil Agarwal, Lakshminarasimhaiah, Singh GK. (2014); Hypoglycemic Activity of Inflorescence of Borassus flabellifer Extracts on Blood Glucose Levels of Streptozocin-Induced Diabetic Rats; J Pharm Res; 8(11);1738-1742.
10. Pramod HJ, Yadav AV, Raje VN, Madhuri Mohite, et al., (2013); Antioxidant Activity of Borassus flabellifer (linn.) Fruits; Asian J. Pharm. Tech; 3(1);16-19.
11. Saravanan Kaliyaperumal, Pushpesh Kumar Mishra, Girendra Kumar Gautam. (2016); Anticonvulsant activity of Borassus flabellifer leaf extracts; Eur J Pharm Med Res; 3(11); 440-444.
12. Subashini S, Rameshkannan V, Mani P. (2015); Phyto-chemical and GC-MS analysis of bioactive compounds from Borassus flabellifer linn root; European Journal of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry; 2(3);148-152.
13. Sukanya Dej adisai, Thanet Pitakbut and Chatchai Wattanapiromsakul. (2017); Alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activity and phytochemical investigation of Borassus flabellifer Linn; Afr.J. Pharm.Pharmacol; 11(3);45-52.
14. Suthar S, Kumar K. (2014); Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of Borassus flabellifer root ethanolic extract; Int J Res Pharm Sci; 5(3);27-29.
15. Tribhuvan Singh , Akhilesh Kumar Verma , Syed Imran Haq U, et al.,(2017); Evaluation and Determination of Antifungal Potentials of Sap of borassus flabellifer; J Pharm Sci Bioscientific Res; 7(1);111-113.
16. Tribhuvan Singh, Ravi Kumar V, Kumanan R et al., (2015); Comparative Study of In-vitro Anthelmintic activity of Sap of Borassus flabellifer; WJPPS; 5(1);701-706.
17. Veda Priya Gummadi, Ganga Rao Battu, Keerthana Diyya MS, Kiran Manda. (2016); A Review on Palmyra Palm (Borassus flabellifer); Int J Curr Pharm Res; 8(2);17-20.