A Review on chemistry and pharmacological activity of metformin hydrochloride and teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate in combined dosage form
This review article presents the pharmacology of combined Metformin hydrochloride and Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate is effective on type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Metformin is an antihyperglycemic agent which improves glucose tolerance in patients with type 2 diabetes, lowering both basal and postprandial plasma glucose. Teneligliptin, a third generation DipeptidylPeptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor exhibits unique “J shaped” structure with “anchor-lock domain” mechanism which provides potent & long duration of action. The addition of teneligliptin once daily to Metformin was effective and generally well tolerated in Korean patients with type 2 diabetes. The mechanism of Metformin hydrochloride and teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate is quite different. The main objective of this review article is to provide pharmacological and Analytical information of combination of Metformin hydrochloride and Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate to researcher in development of combined dosage form.
2. Manish Maladkar, Srividya Sankar, Kushal Kamat “Teneligliptin: Heralding Change in Type 2 Diabetes” Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India, 2016
3. M. Tamilselvi, A. Srinivas “Bioequivalence and Pharmacokinetics of Metformin Hydrochloride 1000 mg Tablet Extended Formulation in Healthy Indian Male Volunteers” journal of pharmaceutical and bioscience, 2014
4. Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Corporation Evaluation and Licensing Division, Pharmaceutical and Food Safety Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Report on the Deliberation Results, 201
5. Dr. Monica Bhatia, Bhagyalakshmi N, Kavitha M T, Arun Kharkwal, Rashmi Suresh, Ashutosh Mishra, Lim Kah Heng, Oon Chien Hsiang, Ashwini Lokhande, UBM Medica India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Metformin HCl drug profile, http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00331
7. Metformin HCl drug profile, http://www.rxlist.com/fortamet-drug.html
8. Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate Drug Profile, http://www.pharmacodia.com/web/drug/1_241.html
9. Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate Drug Profile, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teneligliptin ,
10. Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate Drug Profile, http://www.genome.jp/dbget-bin/www.bget?dr:D09756
11. Available Brands in Market of this combination http://www.sastimedicine.com/salt-alternatives/13663-2142205/Teneliglipt... Alternatives