Is the chemotherapy really necessary for solid tumors?
The study aims to assess the role of DOCTOR OF PHARMACY in identifying drug related problems in inpatient units in a tertiary care teaching hospital. OBJECTIVES: The main objective of the present study includes identification and reporting of drug related problems like Drug-drug interaction, Adverse drug reactions, Drug use without indication, Therapeutic duplication, Allergy/intolerance/poisoning, Improper drug, dose, route, regimen, Awareness/adherence problems.
2. Ferlay, J., Soerjomataram, I., Dikshit, R., Eser, S., Mathers, C., Rebelo, M., Parkin, D. M., Forman, D. and Bray, F. (2015), Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: Sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012. Int. J. Cancer, 136: E359–E386.
3. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/side-effects (Accessed on 14/08/2017)
4. Karagiannis G.S. et al. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy induces breast cancer metastasis through a TMEM-mediated mechanism. Science Translational Medicine 05 Jul 2017: Vol. 9, Issue 397, eaan0026.
5. Knapton Sarah. Chemotherapy may spread cancer and trigger more aggressive tumours, warn scientists. (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/07/05/chemotherapy-may-spread-c... / (Accesed on 12/08/2017)
6. Yi Seok Chang, Swati P. Jalgaonkar, Justin D. Middleton, Tsonwin Hai. Stress-inducible gene Atf3 in the noncancer host cells contributes to chemotherapy-exacerbated breast cancer metastasis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2017; 201700455.