A Review on European Union New Medical Device Regulations-2017
The New Medical Device Regulations of European Union replace the E.U’s current Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC) and the E.U’s Directive on Active Implantable Medical Devices (90/385/EEC) According to the draft document, NB’s would be placed under a strict regimen of super vision, although it remains unclear whether the intended sanctions could be implemented against the will of a Member State, should the need occur. The qualification requirements for auditing and reviewing NB staff are steeply increased. Greater emphasis will be placed on clinical data and the Clinical Evaluation. For implantable medical devices and Class III devices clinical investigations will be expected since equivalence will generally no longer be an acceptable approach, although some exceptions can be made. The proposed MDR attempts to make more transparent the periods for review by various parties for different activities. Implementation of Unique device identification helpful for the unambiguous identification of a specific device on the market.
2. European Commission, Industry Directorate-General Consumer Goods Cosmetics And Medical Devices guidelines On Medical Devices application Of Council Directive 93/42/EEC Taking Into Account The Commission Directive 2003/32/EC For Medical devices Utilising Tissues Or Derivatives Originating From Animals For Which A Tse Risk Is Suspected a Guide For Manufacturers And Notified Bodies
3. EUROPEAN COMMISSION (COD)Proposal For REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE Council on Medical Devices, And Amending Directive 2001/83/EC, Regulation (EC) No 178/2002and Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009, Brussels 26.9.2012COM(2012) 542 Final2012/0266
4. GHTF/SG4/N83:2010 Final Document Global Harmonization Task Force Guidelines for Regulatory Auditing of Quality Management Systems of Medical Device Manufacturers Part 4: Multiple Site Auditing Study Group 4 of the Global Harmonization Task Force August 27, 2010
5. Interpretative document of the commission's services implementation of directive 2007/47/EC amending directives 90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC and 98/8/EC European Commission enterprise and industry directorate-general Consumer goods cosmetics and medical devices brussels,5 june 2009entr/f3/PBE /d(2009)19003.
6. Manual on borderline and classification in the community Regulatory framework for medical devices version 1.17 (09-2015)
7. Official Journal of the European Union. L117 Legislation Volume 60. 5 May
8. Official Journal of the European Union EN (1) Volume 59 C272 Information and Notices 26 July 2016
9. Official Journal of the European Union RECOMMENDATIONS COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION of 24 September 2013 on the audits and assessments performed by notified bodies in the field of medical devices(Text with EEA relevance) (2013/473/EU)
10. Official Journal of the European Union COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 920/2013 on the designation and the supervision of notified bodies under Council Directive 90/385/EEC on active implantable medical devices and Council Directive 93/42/EEC on medical devices of 24 September 2013
11. OFFICIAL JOYRNAL OF EUROPEAN UNION COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 207/2012 of 9 March 2012 on electronic instructions for use of medical devices