Phytosomes is a Novel Drug Delivery System based herbal formulation: An Review
Phytosomes is a novel drug delivery dosage form. Phytosomes is a patented technology. It is used for development of formulation for improved bioavailability of medicaments of phytoconstituents present in herbal extract or herbal preparation. Phytosomes is prepared by using the phospholipids and forming the complex between phytoconstituent and phospholipids. Phytosomes now a day’s most valuable space in pharma-industries and good research space for industry scholar, students for future. The main object of this review giving various useful advantages of phytosomes and how it is prepare formulate. Phospholipids are employed as natural digestive aids and carriers for water soluble and lipid soluble nutrients.
2. Dhase Ashwini S, Saboo Shweta S; Preparation and Evaluation of Phytosomes Containing Methanolic Extract of Leaves of Aegle Marmelos (Bael); International Journal of PharmTech Research; 2015; 8(6); 231-240.
3. Fei Yu, Yang Li, Qin Chen, Yuan He, Huiyun Wang, Liu Yang, Shangjing Guo, Zhaohui Meng, Jinghao Cui, Mei Xue, Xiao Dong Chen; Monodisperse microparticles loaded with the self-assembled berberine-phospholipids complex-based phytosomes for improving oral bioavailability and enhancing hypoglycemic efficiency; European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics; 2016; 3; 1-48.
4. Jan Hüsch, Janine Bohnet, Gert Fricker, Carsten Skarke, Christian Artaria, Giovanni Appendino, Manfred Schubert-Zsilavecz, Mona Abdel-Tawab; Enhanced absorption of boswellic acids by a lecithin delivery form (Phytosome®) of Boswellia extract; Fitoterapia, 2013; 84; 89-98.
5. Karimi Nayyer, Ghanbarzadeh Babak, Hamed Hamishehkar Hamed, Keivani Fatemeh, Akram Pezeshki Akram, Gholian Mohammad Mahdi; Phytosome and Liposome: The Beneficial Encapsulation Systems in Drug Delivery and Food Application; Applied Food Biotechnology, 2015; 2(3); 17-27.
6. Mazumder Anisha, Dwivedi Anupma, Jan L. du Preez, Plessis Jeanetta du; In vitro wound healing and cytotoxic effects of sinigrin–phytosome complex; International Journal of Pharmaceutics; 2016; 498, 283–293.
7. Naik S. R. and Panda V. S; Hepatoprotective effect of Ginkgoselect Phytosome® in rifampicin induced liver injurym in rats: Evidence of antioxidant activity; Fitoterapia; 2008; 79; 439–445.
8. Raju, T.P., Reddy, M.S., Phytosomes, Reddy V.P.; A novel phyto-phospholipids carriers for herbal drug; Int. Res. J. Pharm.; 2011; 2(6); 28–33.
9. Sabzichi Mehdi, Hamishehkar Hamed, Ramezani Fatemeh, Sharifi Simin, Tabasinezhad Maryam, Pirouzpanah Mohammadbagher, Ghanbari Parisa, Samadi Nasser; Luteolin-loaded Phytosomes Sensitize Human Breast Carcinoma MDA-MB 231 Cells to Doxorubicin by Suppressing Nrf2 Mediated Signalling; Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention; 2014; 15; 5311-5316.
10. Sundaraganapathy, Leena P N; Development and Evaluation of Anti-Cancer Activity of Phytosome Formulated from the Root Extract of Clerodendron Paniculatum Linn; International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, 2016; 8(11); 1778-1781.
11. Singh R.P. and Narke R.; Preparation and evaluation of phytosome of lawsone; International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and research; 2015; 6(12); 5217-5226